This article will help you with the following topics:
- How to create a Gear automation
- How to edit a Gear automation
- How to delete a Gear automation
- How to suggest new automations
Create a Gear automation
1. Go to Settings
2. Look for the Gear section and click on "Automations"
Find it on the first group of settings.
Remember! Only admins can set up Gear automations. If you're not an admin you won't be able to do it.
3. Click on "Create automation"
4. Choose your trigger
The trigger is the starting point of the automation you're creating.
5. Define your conditions
Here you have 3 options:
1) Skip conditions --- When you want the automation to occur regardless of the condition on which the trigger happens (defined in the previous step).
2) Choose 1 condition --- When the trigger must occur under a certain condition for the automation to occur.
3) Combine several conditions --- When a set of specific conditions must be met for the automation to occur.
Add as many conditions as you like:
Or "Skip Conditions" if you want the automation to occur every time, no matter what,
6. Define the outcome
Choose the automation result, what should happen.
7. Give it a name
Try to be as descriptive as you can, so you can easily identify it on the automation list.
8. Save the automation.
Click on the "Save changes" button to create your automation.
Your automation will be listed on the Gear automation window, with the name you gave it.
Your automation was created and is already running.
Edit a Gear automation
1. Go to Gear automations settings
2. Your automations will be listed on the main screen. Click on the one you want to edit.
3. Make the changes you want.
4. Click on "Save changes"
Note: The changes are not retroactive, meaning that all automation triggered before will remain the same, as per the conditions they occurred in.
The ones happening after the changes with follow the "new rules".
Delete a Gear automation
1. Go to Gear Automations settings
2. Your automations will be listed on the main screen. Click on the one you want to delete.
3. Click on the "Delete" button on the bottom left.
4. Confirm you want to delete.
If we don't have the starting point (trigger), condition, or outcome you need to automate your workflow please suggest it to us through our public roadmap!
It will be easy for our Product team if you give them some context of your situation for example
"I would like to have the condition Work Order Area because I want to automatically add one the cost centre to the work order to ease my analysis after."